Vengeance: AU

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vengeance: AU

Home not so sweet home

Home not so sweet home Empty Home not so sweet home

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:09 am

So many hours had been spent on the road. Just him and his baby. His Chevy, to be precise. The trip to Texas had provided unsuccessful in finding the white-eyed demon, who had killed his brother merely months prior. His eyes burned into the road ahead, his fingers clenched onto the wheel of his car out of pure fury as he passed the border of Kansas.

Home sweet home? Not quite. He knew plenty of supernatural creatures that hung about here, some even dared to live here, as if they thought that they weren't a threat to the human population. Pulling over on the side of the road, he turned the engine off, opened the car door and stepped out. He needed a drink. He needed something to get his mind off of things.

Upon entering the bar, he glanced around, taking note of a few randoms as he walked up to the bar. "Can I grab a whiskey?" he asked, gruffly, sitting on one of the bar stools. Fiddling with one of the coasters, he waited for his drink to be handed to him, before raising the glass to his lips and taking a swig. Alcohol provided a temporary comfort. One that he'd gladly take on nights like this.

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_lt4yi2ZZqE1qev7yro1_500

//EVERYONE COME TO MEEEEEE. Talk to Jimmyyyy.
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Home not so sweet home Empty Re: Home not so sweet home

Post by Melantha Rosemary Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:31 am

Wouldn't be morning without a little Demon killing Melantha woke up to three demons starting chaos for her, how sweet they shouldn't have. She had finished them ugly sons of bitches off near her old friends house. If it wasn't bad enough to deal with them, she dealt with her teenage cousin's daily life. Malantha loved her cousin very well Hope was everything to the twenty year old. Heck, even reminds her of a younger female version of her friend: James. Tossing her bag in the back of her car, she gotten in and started her up. Driving to their local bar here she parked a blocked away walking towards the building. Her fingers fiddled with the keys from nervous habit walking inside the pub. Approaching the bar stand she lift up a finger “The usual.” She spoke taking at seat.
    Home not so sweet home Tumblr_m0j734afx71qbbmfvo5_400

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:44 am

Jim looked at his empty cup, spinning it around in between his hands before requesting another drink. He didn't bother to look up at the person who'd walked in, though he was rather intrigued to hear a female's voice. Handing the bartender his glass, he took the refilled cup and sculled it, his eyes narrowed at the burning sensation in his throat as he downed the liquid. Looking over at the woman who'd walked in, he raised a brow, wondering what she was doing out at this time of night. He soon returned his gaze to his glass, just waiting to go numb.

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_lf5guiiojx1qfa016o1_500

//do Jim and Mel know each other already? :s
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 am

The bartender placed a glass in front of Melantha. Her fingers rubbed against the top starting at it for about a moment, shaking her head knocking back to reality. She took a sip while her eyes reverted to the guy two seats down from her. Friendly enough she gave him a small wave placing her glass back on a napkin.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 am

Jim cocked a brow. Why was she waving at him? He blinked, nodding back at her in return before averting his eyes. He just came for a drink. "So, buddy," he mused, glancing at the bartender. "Any strange things happening around here?" he asked in a hushed tone. The bartender paused, taking a quick look around before settling the glass back down. "There's a few teenagers, in this ere' town," he began, looking out the window. "A few of us have seen em' disappear into thin air! There was also an attack recently, but the guy got away." Jim raised a brow. That really wasn't a lot to go on. "Helpful, but thanks anyway," he shook his head, his tone rather sarcastic as he finished off his drink.

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_ls2k0tsKtc1qbyjgz
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 am

"Speaking of teenagers." The bartender started giving Melantha a stern look "Shouldn't you keep your cousin on a leash Melantha? She has been spending to much time outside alone." butting his nose into other people's business. Mel tilt her head to the side "Look if I can't control that girl anymore than her parents could. You think I'll have her be spending so much time alone in the middle of the night?" she rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her drink. "But out." hating how people try telling her 'how to' take care of Hope.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am

Melantha. That name rang a bell. Pushing the thought aside, he glanced at the bartender. "Hey, man. Is it really any of your business? Leave the lady alone," he shrugged, not knowing why he had the need to comment on her personal life. She could raise her... cousin, or whatever, however she wanted to.

//imma sleep now :B nightnight
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Melantha looked back at the man giving him a slight nod. "You didn't have to do that." she said, as he didn't have to speak up like that. Mel tend to ignore what people say for they have no clue she and her cousin are hunters. Hope was a big girl, she can handle herself. "And if you want to know what really has been going on. Head towards the high school here that's where you'll mind the mother ship." Mel have him a tip for no one comes to this town asking about missing anyone. He had to be a hunter or a demon either way she'll find out.
    Home not so sweet home Tumblr_ml0obaPyBn1rpa3l4o4_250

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Jim shrugged his shoulders once she spoke to him. "The high school?" he glanced over at her, his forehead creasing. That was strange. Demons didn't often target kids. It would make his job all the more difficult -- unless it wasn't demons he was dealing with. "How'd you know anyway?" he asked, an eyebrow raising out of curiousity. What was she, a hunter or something? That would be surprising.

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_m75jalMdUx1qfd6d3o1_500
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 pm

"If I told you you wouldn't believe a word that comes out of my mouth." she said, shrugging her shoulders. Taking a sip of her glass Melantha payed for the drink, it was getting late anyways. Mel looked back at him wondering how she knows him "Have we met before?" she asked, raising her eyebrow at him.
    Home not so sweet home Ht728o

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:21 am

"Trust me, I've heard and seen a lot of crazy shit," he mumbled. She had no idea. Sliding his empty glass over to the bartender, he cocked a brow as the female came up to him. "Uh, no? Not that I know of," he mumbled. "Name's James Hawkins, ring any bells?" he added, tilting his head slightly.

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_m6egujZZ4a1qb6vb1o1_500
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am

James Hawkins. Her blue eyes widen a bit. "My god, is it really you?" she said cocking her head to the side, "You might not remember me. It's been years after all." Melantha let out a small laugh "I think the last time I saw you. I was about eleven years old." Small world bumping into James like this after all this years.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 am

Jim tilted his head, a wave of confusion washing over his face. So apparently she knew him... well, this was awkward. He couldn't place her at all. A lot of crap had happened over the past ten years. "I'm sorry... I don't really remember you," he glanced at her, a hint of an apologetic look on his face. "What was your name again?"

Home not so sweet home Tumblr_m6y6mtCqeO1qiuxtao1_500
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 am

Mel shrugs her shoulder nodding her head to the side "Doesn't surprise me, really." she smiled a little placing her hands on her hips. Melantha perked her lips as her eyes glanced at the floor "Melantha Rosemary." Hoping me last remembered her a little. Sure, it would be hard to remember Hope seeing she was seven at the time James took off.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:21 am

"You sound vaguely familiar," his eye narrowed as he thought. "You have a cousin, Hope, right?" he asked, not sure what he was supposed to say to her. It had been so long since he'd had a proper conversation.
    Melantha Rosemary
    Melantha Rosemary
    Admin

Post by Melantha Rosemary Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 am

"Wow." she nodded her head, amazed how great his memory was. "I'm surprise you even remember little Hope." Who isn't so little anymore, she drinks more than Melantha. "Glad to see you again, where's your brother?" Mel didn't know he had died during a hunt.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 am

At her question, his jaw clenched and he shifted uncomfortably. His eyes averted to the bench and he then decided to stand. "You know, it was nice meeting you, but I've gotta go," he said, hastily. He placed the money on the counter for his drinks, turned on his heel and walked out the door. He knew it was rude of him, but he couldn't really care at this point in time. He was still dealing with the loss and she had been the first person to ask of him. He hovered near his car, his brows furrowing. He hadn't cried since the day, and he didn't intend on crying ever again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:31 pm